Positive Earth Systems
IMPORTANT FITMENT NOTE
Positive Earth Systems Only
Fit Dynator (alternator disguised as a dynamo) as a direct replacement for the original dynamo.
- Dynator is 100% brand new and outright (no exchange necessary).
- Dynator requires 2 x simple connections:
B- - constant battery connection (12 volt -ve) (large post / terminal)
L - warning light / switched on ignition to excite unit, (small post / terminal)
- Remove the dynamo from the vehicle but the bulkhead mounted regulator can stay in place to keep the engine bay looking original. The regulator will have to be re-wired as below as the Dynator is fully internally regulated. The existing regulator can be now used as a junction box as opposed to a regulator and keeping it in place ensures you can always easily revert to your original dynamo if necessary.
- Remove field wire (F) and warning light (WL) from bulkhead mounted regulator and attach together.
- Remove charge wire (D) which links the charge (larger terminal) from the dynamo to the regulator and attach to the battery negative feed to create a direct battery negative feed.
- This main feed from the Dynator to the battery negative should be capable of carrying a 50amp current as this is what a standard Dynator is capable of producing under a full load.
- Ensure there is a good earth between the Dynator and the engine block.
The NCB133 model 340 now replaces the old model RB310 type regulators. There are some physical differences in the two units but they are interchangeable. Model 310 was supplied with three terminal connections; B, F and D. It’s replacement model RB340 has five; E, D, WL, F and B.
- Terminal termination is as follows:
E - is provided to ground the unit. Model 310 was case ground through the mounting screws.
D - remains the same on both units.
WL - has been provided for a warning light.
F & B - remain the same on both units.
All WOSPERFORMANCE products are 100% brand new, outright, complete units and carry as standard a 12month warranty. In the unlikely event that you encounter any issues or problems with any of our products we insist you return them to the company of purchase for return and inspection. In most cases a replacement unit will be sent immediately. We rely on feedback from our customers in order to further develop each particular unit and installation and most importantly constantly improve quality.